The Smokers Cough Shot cocktail is a popular drink among whiskey and bourbon lovers. The combination of whiskey or bourbon, honey, and lemon juice creates a sweet and sour flavor, while the bitters and ginger add a bit of complexity and spice to the drink. The name "Smokers Cough Shot" is a reference to the soothing effect that honey and lemon can have on a sore throat or cough, and the whiskey or bourbon adds a warming sensation to the drink.
Probably the cocktail was created as a play on the classic "Hot Toddy" cocktail, which is also made with whiskey, honey, and lemon and is sometimes used as a remedy for colds and sore throats.
The Smokers Cough Shot cocktail gained popularity among whiskey enthusiasts and those looking for a unique and flavorful cocktail in bars and clubs due to its unique name and combination of ingredients. The name of the cocktail also evokes a feeling of warmth and comfort, as well as to appeal to those who enjoy whiskey or bourbon.
Our version of the cocktail is typically served with Jägermeister as a shot, which is a small serving of alcohol that can be enjoyed quickly.
Smokers Cough Drink Ingredients and Kitchen Tools
1 ounce of Jägermeister
A shot of Mayonnaise
Smokers Cough Shot Variations
there are many variations of this cocktail that can be made by adding or substituting ingredients. Here are a few examples:
- Maple Smokers Cough Shot: Substitute maple syrup for the honey syrup to create a sweeter version of the cocktail.
- Smokers Cough Sour: Add an egg white to the cocktail shaker before shaking to create a frothy, creamy version of the cocktail.
- Smokers Cough Old Fashioned: Muddle an orange slice and a cherry in the bottom of a rocks glass, add ice, and then pour in the Smokers Cough Shot cocktail for a twist on the classic Old Fashioned cocktail.
- Smoky Smokers Cough Shot: Use a smoky Islay scotch instead of the whiskey or bourbon to add a smoky flavor to the cocktail.
- Spicy Smokers Cough Shot: Add a pinch of cayenne pepper to the cocktail shaker for a spicy kick that complements the sweetness of the honey and lemon.
These are just a few examples of the many variations of the Smokers Cough Shot cocktail that can be created by adding or substituting ingredients. As with any cocktail, it is important to experiment and find the combination of ingredients that works best for your taste preferences.
Smoker Cough Shot Calories
The calorie content of a Smokers Cough Shot cocktail can vary depending on the specific ingredients used and the serving size. However, based on the standard recipe with 1 1/2 oz of whiskey or bourbon, 1/2 oz of honey syrup, and 1/2 oz of fresh lemon juice, the cocktail contains approximately 150-170 calories per serving.
The calorie content may increase if additional ingredients such as bitters or ginger are added to the cocktail. Additionally, the calorie content may vary depending on the brand and proof of the whiskey or bourbon used in the cocktail.
|Jagermeister||103 per oz|
|Mayonnaise||193 per oz|
How to Make the Smoker Cough Shot
Strain the Jagermeister into a shot glass, add the mayonnaise on top and drink with moderation.
Smokers cough shot, the smokers cough shot, what is a smokers cough shot, smokers cough shot origin, smokers cough shot recipe, smokers.cough shot, fb disgusting shots smokers cough, fb disgusting shots smokers cough tapeworm, fb smokers cough shot video, fb smokers cough shot video Jagermeister and mayonnaise, smokers cough shot ingredients, smokers cough shot reviews, smokers cough shot tipsy bartender, what is in the shot smokers cough, what's in a smokers cough shot.