The Blackberry Bourbon Smash is a great cocktail that combines the rich flavors of bourbon whiskey with the sweetness of blackberries and the tartness of lime. This cocktail is perfect for any occasion, whether you're relaxing at home or entertaining friends. The combination of sweet and sour flavors, along with the warmth of the bourbon, makes it a true crowd-pleaser. It's a great drink to sip on while sitting by the fire or enjoying a night out with friends.
The drink is a modern twist on the classic whiskey smash cocktail, which has been around for well over a century. The origins of the whiskey smash can be traced back to the late 1800s, when it was a popular drink in the United States.
The traditional whiskey smash was made with whiskey, sugar, mint, and water, and was typically served over crushed ice. The drink was popularized in the southern United States, where it was often made with bourbon whiskey.
In recent years, bartenders have started to put their own spin on the whiskey smash by adding different flavors and ingredients. The addition of blackberries to the cocktail adds a sweet and fruity twist to the classic drink, while still maintaining the bold flavor of the bourbon whiskey.
While the Blackberry Bourbon Smash cocktail may be a relatively new addition to the cocktail world, it has quickly become a popular drink among whiskey lovers and cocktail enthusiasts alike. The drink's sweet and sour flavors, combined with the warmth of the bourbon, make it a delicious and refreshing addition to an already classic cocktail.
Blackberry Bourbon Smash Cocktail Ingredients and Kitchen Tools
- 2 ounces Bourbon whiskey
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup (you can make this by mixing equal parts water and sugar until the sugar dissolves)
- 4-5 fresh blackberries
- Crushed ice
- Mint sprig for garnish
Blackberry Bourbon Smash Cocktail Variations
Here are a few variations you might want to try:
- Spiced Blackberry Bourbon Smash: Add a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg to the cocktail shaker along with the blackberries to give the drink a warm and spicy flavor.
- Ginger Blackberry Bourbon Smash: Add a small piece of fresh ginger to the cocktail shaker along with the blackberries to give the drink a spicy kick.
- Peach Blackberry Bourbon Smash: Substitute fresh or frozen peaches for the blackberries to give the drink a sweet and summery flavor.
- Lemon Blackberry Bourbon Smash: Substitute lemon juice for the lime juice to give the drink a tart and refreshing twist.
- Raspberry Blackberry Bourbon Smash: Mix in some fresh raspberries with the blackberries to give the drink a sweeter and fruitier flavor.
- Mint Julep Blackberry Bourbon Smash: Add a few sprigs of fresh mint to the cocktail shaker along with the blackberries to create a hybrid drink that combines the flavors of a Mint Julep and a Blackberry Bourbon Smash.
- Maple Blackberry Bourbon Smash: Substitute maple syrup for the simple syrup to give the drink a richer and more complex flavor.
These are just a few examples of the many ways you can customize the Blackberry Bourbon Smash cocktail to suit your taste preferences. Don't be afraid to experiment with different flavors and ingredients to create your own unique version of this delicious drink!
Blackberry Bourbon Smash Cocktail Calories
The number of calories in a Blackberry Bourbon Smash cocktail will depend on the specific recipe and ingredients used. However, as a general guide, here's an estimate of the calorie content of a typical Blackberry Bourbon Smash cocktail:
- 2 ounces bourbon whiskey: approximately 120-140 calories
- 1/2 lime, juiced: approximately 10 calories
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup: approximately 30-35 calories (this can vary depending on how much sugar is used to make the simple syrup)
- 4-5 fresh blackberries: approximately 15-20 calories
- Mint sprig for garnish: negligible calories
Assuming the above ingredients are used, a single Blackberry Bourbon Smash cocktail would typically contain around 175-210 calories.
|Bourbon||70 per oz|
|Lime Juice||7 per oz|
|Simple syrup||74 per oz|
|Blackberries||12 per oz|
How to Make the Blackberry Bourbon Smash Cocktail
In a cocktail shaker, muddle the blackberries until they are crushed and juicy.
Add the bourbon whiskey, lime juice, simple syrup, and a handful of crushed ice to the shaker.
Shake vigorously until everything is well combined and chilled.
Fill a rocks glass with more crushed ice.
Strain the cocktail mixture into the glass.
Garnish with a mint sprig and a few additional blackberries if desired.
Blackberry bourbon smash, bourbon blackberry smash, bourbon smash blackberry, blackberry bourbon smash recipes, blackberry bourbon smash recipe, blackberry basil bourbon smash, blackberry smash bourbon, blackberry bourbon smash cocktail, blackberry bourbon smash ginger beer, blackberry bourbon smash pitcher, blackberry mint bourbon smash, bourbon blackberry smash recipe, blackberry bourbon smash ingredients, basil blackberry bourbon smash, blackberry bourbon basil smash, blackberry bourbon lemonade smash, blackberry bourbon smash basil, blackberry bourbon smash bertucci& 39, blackberry bourbon smash cupcakes, blackberry bourbon smash drink, blackberry bourbon smash keg, blackberry bourbon smash lime, blackberry bourbon smash mint, blackberry bourbon smash the real, blackberry bourbon smash tipsy bartender, blackberry bourbon smash traeger, blackberry honey bourbon smash, blackberry lemon bourbon smash, blackberry sage bourbon smash, blackberry smash with bourbon, bobby burger palace blackberry bourbon smash, bourbon blackberry smash the keg, bourbon blackberry smash the keg recipe, half baked harvest blackberry bourbon smash, how to make a blackberry bourbon smash, keg bourbon blackberry smash, kitchen swagger blackberry bourbon smash, mint blackberry bourbon smash, north star at-home recipe for bourbon blackberry smash, the keg bourbon blackberry smash.